Ever wanted to just be guided through how to do a basic mail merge? Here's your chance! I'm going to be testing out my new online seminar tool, and I'd like your help. I'll be hosting a 2-3 hour seminar on how to do mail merges, using a spreadsheet for your data source.
- Creating the data in the proper layout
- Creating a new database based on the spreadsheet
- Creating a letter using fields from the spreadsheet
- Creating labels using fields from the spreadsheet
- Sorting and selecting the records you want to print
- If time permits: envelopes
DimDim is the tool I'm using, and it purports to support Windows, Mac, and Linux.
I'll provide a short downloadable guide to the mail merge process, as well, during the seminar as a reference.
Click on the widget to register. I can have up to 20 participants, and it's first come first served. Please register only if you can attend. It's 10 AM mountain time on Thursday February 25th.
When you register you'll receive an email with the call-in number and URL. You'll need to call in from a phone in a quiet location. The phone call is not free but should be relatively low-cost.
Thanks for helping me out with this test, those who register, and I look forward to clarifying the mail merge process.