Suppressing the page number on the first page of a document is, unfortunately, not available simply by selecting the Suppress First Page Number checkbox.
You can set up your own documents, using page styles, so that you nave no page number on the first page, but a page number on the second and subsequent pages.
But if you want a template already made, here are two.
No page number on first page, second page is numbered page 1
Here's how to use them.
1. Right-click on each item to download it. Save each file to a location on your computer or a network drive you can access.
Note: You might want to just save the templates to the location already listed under Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Paths, Templates item. Then in step 3 choose Commands > Update instead of Commands > Import.
2. Then in OpenOffice.org Writer choose File > Templates > Organize.
3. If you saved the template to one of the existing template paths, choose Commands > Update instead and continue to step 4.
If you saved the template to another location, then select a category on the left side, click and hold down on the Commands button and choose Import as shown.
Find the files where you downloaded them. To select both, select the first, then hold down Ctrl and select the second. Click Open.
4. The templates will appear. Click Close.
5. If you want one of the templates to be what comes up when you choose File > New > Text document, then right-click on it and choose Set as Default Template. I strongly recommend customizing the default template, whether you use this one or another one.
6. Click Close.
7. To access the templates, choose File > New > Templates and Documents. If necessary, click the Templates icon at the left, double-click the name of the category you put the templates in in step 3, and you'll see the templates. Select the one you want.