Used to be, it was hard to just print the records you wanted to print in a mail merge, in OpenOffice.org mail merges.
Bob Jones 121 Ludlow
Marie Hanson 1688 Oak
Kathy Bates 88 Pearl
What if you're mad at Marie, though, as well as Jean, John, and Xavier, and just want to print a holiday letter to Bob and to Kathy and the other 119 people in your list who you're still speaking to?
You had to either go through the HUGE and complex mail merge wizard, or just print a letter each for Marie, Jean, John, and Xavier, and throw them away.
However, in 2.something of OpenOffice.org, you can just Ctrl - Select the records to print.
1. Make your mail merge document: labels, letter, envelopes, whatever.
2. Choose File > Print and say Yes, you want to print a form letter. NEVER mark the checkbox.
3. In the window that appears, you can scroll down to view the database and table you're using at the left side. This isn't necessary but it might help you feel more organized.
4. Click on the light gray box next to the first record you want to print. Hold down Ctrl and click on the light gray box next to the next record you want to print. And so on.
You'll see that at the left side, Selected Records is now marked.
5. Now just select Printer or File to print as you normally would, and click OK. The normal printing window will appear if you select Printer.