This post is the central location for additional content I want to refer book readers to. Please feel free to post comments with links to additional book-like tutorial content.
The data pilot spreadsheet
Page 235 refers to the data pilot spreadsheet.
Mail Merges and Databases, Labels, Envelopes
- Creating two or more pages of labels
- The advanced Mail Merge wizard that allows you to skip empty lines in addresses.
- Creating reports using Base.
- Creating forms using Base, from scratch and with the wizard.
- Creating views in Base
- Using functions such as MAX in the views and queries in Base
- Exporting data from a Base database
PDF and Web Publishing
Equations (Math Editor)
- The Comprehensive Calc workbook includes this
- You can also download this file; the equation contents from the Calc workbook (they're called formulas in the OOo interface)
Writer and Large Documents
- Using the Navigator to go to specific places in your document
- Creating rock-solid reliable numbering that restarts when it should, using fields
- Using master documents, with Writer documents and with other types such as spreadsheets
- Using the data pilot (similar to pivot tables)
- Controlling what people can enter in spreadsheets: adding help, error messages, dropdown lists, etc.
- Using Scenarios
OpenOffice.org 1 Resource Kit
Many of the advanced features such as master documents haven't changed since 1.1. If you'd like a guide to advanced features, consider purchasing that book.
I have covered many topics, including advanced topics such as master documents and pivot tables, in my training materials.